COMODO SafeSurf is not a standalone application but an add-in for the COMODO Internet Security. This means that you cannot download and run SafeSurf separately from the COMODO Internet Security suite. In order to install this tool you have to download Internet Security and, during the installation, the wizard will ask you whether you’d like it or not to install SafeSurf.
Once it’s installed in your computer all you’re going to see of SafeSurf is an icon on your system tray indicating that the application is up and running. You can click with your mouse right button to open a pop-up menu with the following options:
- Settings: this option opens the only visible window of the application, allowing you to determine which applications will be monitored by SafeSurf. You can disable the protection for all applications, or you can create an exception list.
- Check for updates: as its name indicates this option allows SafeSurf to search for updates online.
- About COMODO SafeSurf: allows you to see the version you have and copyright information.
- Exit: to close the application.
SafeSurf comes for free along with COMODO Internet Security and it’s a very convenient way to stay safe while browsing the web.
- It's a free-of-charge application
- It's a very convenient way to stay safe
- It's allows automatic updating
- It's not a standalone application
- There's no much control over the application
- It's available in English only